About Dr Bennett
Dr Alexis Bennett MBBS FRACP GCertPubHlth is a Paediatrician working in Private Practice in Canberra, ACT and Geelong, VIC. Dr Bennett is also available to provide consultations via telehealth to children and adolescents who are unable to travel to her clinic in Canberra or Geelong.
Dr Bennett has a special interest and experience in Developmental and Behavioural Disorders presenting in infancy, childhood and adolescence. Dr Bennett enjoys collaborating with other professionals and care givers, including providing presentations and undertaking public speaking for educational and informative purposes.
Read More about Dr Bennett
- Development or learning difficulties and Intellectual Disability;
- Behavioural issues triggered by emotional reactions (eg. worries or frustration);
- Self-care challenges (eg. soiling and urinary accidents);
- Attention, focus, hyperactivity and impulsivity issues;
- Autism Spectrum traits;
- Social and relational challenges;
- Past trauma;
- Interrupted attachment, shared care and out of home care arrangements;
- Child Protection or Youth Justice System involvement
Full list of services
A consultation can be requested with Dr Bennett at her clinic in Kingston, ACT for children aged 0-16 with concerns related to developmental or behavioural issues.
A referral from your General Practitioners is required and will be reviewed by Dr Bennett prior to an appointment being offered to ensure that the clinic can provide the service that your General Practitioner is requesting. You are welcome to contact Dr Bennett’s receptionist at the clinic via email or telephone to discuss your child’s needs prior to actioning a referral.
Read More about Dr Bennett's Clinic
Your Family’s Positive Mental Health Plan
Upcoming courses for parents, teachers and children’s advocates
Clinical Insights ADHD Networks Meeting 2018: February 17th-18th